How was your Fourth of July? Did you eat too much food? Drank too much beer? I know I ate too much. I was supposed to follow what diet? We barbecued for the first time in umpteen years and, oh my goddess. What have I been doing depriving myself all these years? That grill will be used a-plenty this year.
I didn’t even bother going out to watch fireworks. I just stand in my front yard and be entertained that way. No crowds, no fighting with traffic. All the fun and excitement of a party from the comfort of my home. :)
Here’s my roundup of all my favorite links this week. Have a great weekend!
- Being a music fan back then and now.
- Remembering the 19 Arizona firefighters who lost their lives this week.
- The teaser trailer of The Hobbit – Desolation of Smaug set to the animated version of The Hobbit.
- Could these be the best chocolate chip cookies ever? Possibly…
- I never thought about making my own hot dog buns…
- Don’t know what to do with all those cherries this summer? Make some roasted cherry bourbon milkshakes.
- Peach Margaritas
- 24 of the most pretentious things ever.
- Photos these men constructing the Empire State Building. Oh my God, I get vertigo looking at these. 0.0
- Portraits of men wearing their girlfriends clothes.
- This teacher wore the same outfit every year for picture day for 40 years.
- A five year old girl with an IQ of 159(!) paints amazing watercolors.
- The perfect summer drink.